Linggo, Hulyo 27, 2014

#3 Manners


  According to the internet, Manner is a way of acting; bearing or behavior and a way of doing something or the way in which a thing is done or happens. It is also the prevailing customs, social conduct, and norms of a specific society, period, or group, especially as the subject of a literary work.        
    In the story that has been discussed by my classmates entitled "No One Stops to Say "Thank You" Anymore", it's true that people nowadays are not practicing good manners anymore. In my observations that I have seen in our environment are that some of the young people do not respect elders anymore. When I visit my elementary school, Angelico J. Medina Memorial School because my mother works there in a canteen and sometimes I help her if there's no class in IIT, I observed that the children there are naughty and also disrespectful to their teachers and to their parents. But children are children, their minds are very young, they have so much to learn and who knows they will be one of the successful persons in the future.
But the question is, do manners still living in every person's lives?      For me, my answer is a YES because ever since we are little, manners were taught by our parents  like Mano or Mano Po as a sign of respect to our elders, by saying thank you, please and "I'm sorry" to people or friends, even strangers  you've interact with. Even though it fades as the time passes but there are still people who practice good manners. Like when I entered Jollibee the guard greeted me and said "Welcome to Jollibee Maam" and I said "thank you" of course with a smile. See, everyone has manners, they just don't know how to use it or they just don't know it.


 Watch your manner of speech if you wish to develop a peaceful state of mind. Start each day by affirming peaceful, contented and happy attitudes and your days will tend to be pleasant and successful. -Norman Vincent Peale



1 komento:

  1. Watch your manner of speech if you wish to develop a peaceful state of mind. Start each day by affirming peaceful, contented and happy attitudes and your days will tend to be pleasant and successful. -Norman Vincent Peale

    I like this quotations :)

    TumugonBurahin